Alright, thanks for trying! Sorry about your inbox haha :P
~labrat are you able to reproduce with unicode characters? Such as ☕
Actually, I just realised that this seems to only happen if the email subject has a unicode character, then some of the following characters (in particular those following a blank space) are not cleared properly.
Hmm strange. Any ideas what I might try more to figure out why this is happening?
Yep, for example simply starting aerc in xterm and switching folders. In particular if I go from a folder with a lot of emails (terminal mostly full with characters) to a folder with none (terminal should be mostly empty but there are some random leftover characters).
Okay... so at least kitty and xterm has this squirrel then
Also I just tried without any zsh config to see if it was due to some settings or extensions but seeing the same issue even then
I just tried with xterm (TERM=xterm) and seeing the same issue
Randomly some characters are not cleared when switching mailboxes or updating flags/tags. Sometimes the middle of my screen might look something like:
N g K w r ( ] O f d ( r
and the characters are only cleared if some other character replaces them.