Firaxis has one of these, and it would be a nice addition to "Redistribute Bonus Grassland". It could also be enhanced to have a slider for amount of resources, perhaps by type (strategic/luxury/bonus). Thoughts:
- Initially, could add the exact same number. Though this would only work if you have some already.
- For strategic/luxury, should probably allow setting an absolute number. E.g. if you're designing a map for 8 players, you might want to randomly distribute 6 or 10 of each luxury resource.
- For bonus, a prevalence percentage likely makes more sense, or at least a guideline of what is generally considered "appropriate" garnered from examining some Firaxis and/or randomly-generated maps.
What 2D painting program is complete without being able to fill a whole area with a single color? That's important functionality!
In some formats, the user can choose 16 or 256 colors out of all 8-bit-per-channel colors. This is yet another selection mode to be added.
Some supported formats are 16-bit, such as 5/5/5 or 5/6/5. It should be possible to choose colors in these formats. I envision this as being, instead of the commonplace 0-255 scale, scales such as 0-31 and 0-63 for each component.
All right, so once we have the basics working, we'll need a way for the user to say what color mode they want to be in. Due to the image formats the back end supports, there are actually a lot of choices here. This includes:
- Black and white
- Grayscale (8-bit)
- 1, 2, and 4 bit color (but not set colors)
- 256 color
- 5, 6, and 8 bit per channel (15, 16, 24 bit total)
This is really getting the basics up and running, not all the options at once, but having the interface there early will be important before full-color gets too baked in.
Once the basics of B&W and color are working, let the user choose their own 8-bit (per channel) colors when in color mode.
Following up on #3, once the palette icons are ready.
Super basic color support, let's start with the CGA colors.
Based on the initial two brush colors, allow painting in black and white