- An API like this can provide the special page prefixes for other languages: https://hollowknight.fandom.com/fr/api.php?action=query&meta=siteinfo&siprop=namespaces|namespacealiases&format=jsonfm
Fantastic! I'm so happy for them!
That's a very smart question.
Technically: /fr/api.php gives search suggestions based on French, so problem solved.
Design will be the harder part. I could go based on the language the user is currently browsing in? However, not all pages are available in all languages. This creates some problems, because if you're visiting (for example) an English page and wanting to search for a different French page, you'd first have to switch the current page's language, then use the search feature. However, if the current page isn't in French (maybe it's a niche topic that hasn't been translated yet) then this flow won't work, even when the desired destination page is available in French.
People would also have to wait a couple of seconds for the page to reload in the desired language before they can search.
I would love to figure out some user stories and use cases so that I can polish this design the right way, but since the languages feature has been in demand for almost a year now, it might be better to create an imperfect design if I can do it sooner.
This also occurs for file pages with this detailed bug report: https://lists.sr.ht/~cadence/breezewiki-discuss/%3CAS8P193MB223835197E39BCF2F3088414C4699%40AS8P193MB2238.EURP193.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM%3E
Special:AllPages can include the File namespace, so supporting files requires no extra effort after categories are supported. It's the same change.
Semicolons should be fixed now, by forcing path/params to become the real thing.
- Already working, but on thin ice: https://antifandom.com/minecraft/wiki/Java_Edition_Beta_1.8_Pre-release_2_%3B)
- Should work as of commit a1bba22 https://antifandom.com/minecraft/wiki/Java_Edition_Beta_1.8_Pre-release_2_;)
- Change how paths are handled in the router to support language links.
- Provide the language to the wiki page viewing functions.
- Could be as part of the URL or could be a separate parameter.
- Should be consistent between all the functions.
- Load page content from /langcode/api.php (api)
- Use prop=langlinks to find all available languages for that page, and list them near the search bar, for easy switching (api)
- Search suggestions should be based on a particular language? How to select one?
- Search results page should be based on a particular language? How to select one?
- Watch out for special page prefixes in other languages like Catégorie (example)
Steps to fix:
- Use Special:AllPages instead of Local_Sitemap
- Query category page parse and save like normal
- Query category members (accessing all pages? current BreezeWiki only checks first page) and save to new database table
- something like create table category_members (wikiname, category, child, primary key (wikiname, category, child)) -- category is text like Category:Consumable_items
- Create offline category page server that also queries the database as well as doing the regular offline page
The 404 page should actually say 404 and it should have links to get back to the wiki home as well as BreezeWiki home page.
The error page should have graphics and links to bug reporting in the documentation. It should also have links to on- and off-wiki resources like the home pages. The visitor should be given info they can copy/paste into their bug report. The prepared info should include their current