Fixed in 924a714
Found some code here that can accomplish this: https://stackoverflow.com/a/68893555/5701177
Coincidentally, the version comparison function from that code can be used to improve version comparison for Mitch auto-update. The current function just checks for
!contains, which means that "Version v1.5.10" and "1.5.1" are considered the same.
Resolved in cf8b2b
Implemented manual restart, we'll see if any issues arise from that
The same way that we handle dark/light themes, the user should have the following options for the app's locale:
- Depends on site (new default)
- Depends on system (current behaviour)
- Manually choose language (maybe not?)
This appears to be complicated, I started work on the runtime-locale-switch branch, by stealing code from here: https://stackoverflow.com/a/40704077/5701177
But there are issues:
- Doesn't work for string which spawn outside of Activities (for example, Services, so that includes notifications). Maybe people won't notice this, since this happens "outside of the app"?
- Based on StackOverflow comments, that solution just seems to be a mess, and might not work on many Android systems...