So far the installation has gone well. I installed and did the initial test and it seems to work okay. A deviation for me was to have it point to an external database. In my case, I have MediaGoblin sitting inside of a virtual machine. The database is in the host and so I istalled the PostgreSQL client, not the server, and I adjusted the line in the mediagoblin.ini for the database such that it has the format of
It would be nice to comment that into the mediagoblin.ini file as an option for those rare people that might want a separate database server.
I will see if I can contribute to the documentation, but the link at the website, https://web.archive.org/web/20200817190402/https://wiki.mediagoblin.org/Main_Page , which is actually an archive (obtained from https://docs.mediagoblin.org/en/master/index.html#), goes nowhere.
phone : home : +61-2-62922514 mobile: 0439799146 (W) 0406375627 (P) PGP : see me for a public key exchange