~mikael


#385 iso-8859-1 encoding issue when viewing mail a month ago

Comment by ~mikael on ~sircmpwn/aerc2

I'm running latest master branch, still having the issue so I sent you the email as attachment

#385 iso-8859-1 encoding issue when viewing mail a month ago

Comment by ~mikael on ~sircmpwn/aerc2

I'm afraid this is not exactly what you need, but how would I send you the file otherwise ?

Delivered-To: mikael+3@domain.tld
Received: by 2000:a1c:28a:0:0:0:0:0 with SMTP id 213csp3795625wmf;
        Mon, 4 May 2020 03:07:00 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <01020171df272ea7-8a8e4072-77eb-4787-b305-2b7e61e50944-000000@mail.domain.tld>
Subject: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Aktivoi_Domainn_k=E4ytt=E4j=E4tunnukset?=
To: mikael+3@domain.tld
Sender: ala.vastaa@domain.tld
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="=_q43d1ca3e5Lfaw399447d19231f3eq2w"
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 10:06:59 +0000
From: domain@domain.tld

--=_q43d1ca3e5Lfaw399447d19231f3eq2w
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Aktivoi k=E4ytt=E4j=E4tunnuksesi Domainssa

Yst=E4v=E4llisin terveisin

--=_q43d1ca3e5Lfaw399447d19231f3eq2w
Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://ww=
w.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-micro=
soft-com:office:office" xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml">
        <head><!--[if gte mso 9]>
        </head>
        <body class=3D"body" style=3D"padding:0 !important; margin:0 !important;=
 display:block !important; min-width:100% !important; width:100% !importa=
nt; background:#f4f4f7; -webkit-text-size-adjust:none">
        </body>
</html>


--=_q43d1ca3e5Lfaw399447d19231f3eq2w--

#385 iso-8859-1 encoding issue when viewing mail a month ago

Ticket created by ~mikael on ~sircmpwn/aerc2

Hello,

I'm preparing an email, and started using aerc to check the plaintext version. Emails are written using iso-8859-1 charset, with accents like ä or ö.

Maybe I did something wrong but when viewing the email in plaintext version, the body shows k<E4>ytt instead of käytt (headers show just fine)

my email template looks like this

```

Subject: %something%
To: %email% 
Sender: %sender%
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="%multipart_boundary%"

--%multipart_boundary%
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

include("mail/mail.txt")

--%multipart_boundary%
Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

include("mail/mail.html")|

--%multipart_boundary%--
note : using master branch (os archlinux)