Error message after a very long lifetime (some days) with an imap gmail access. I cannot change the folder, I got a blank screen if I open the selected email. I do not have any idea of the problem but I just wanted to report the error. Quit and restart allow me to see the account emails again.
I'm having the same problem. Server unexpectedly closes the connection and any folder operations result inbroken pipemessage.
Here is an error log:
019/08/10 20:26:24 Fetching UID list 8UAE9A UID SEARCH CHARSET "UTF-8" 1:* 8UAE9A NO [BADCHARSET (US-ASCII)] The specified charset is not supported. v5Wsig UID SEARCH CHARSET "US-ASCII" 1:* 2019/08/10 20:26:24 ->(ui) *types.Error:*types.FetchDirectoryContents 27W9-g IDLE 2019/08/10 20:26:24 (ui)<= *types.Error(332):*types.FetchDirectoryContents(329) 2019/08/10 20:26:24 imap: connection closed 2019/08/10 20:26:24 (ui)=> *types.OpenDirectory 2019/08/10 20:26:24 <-(ui) *types.OpenDirectory(333) 2019/08/10 20:26:24 ->(ui) *types.Error 2019/08/10 20:26:24 Opening Sent Items 2019/08/10 20:26:24 ->(ui) *types.Error:*types.OpenDirectory 2019/08/10 20:26:24 (ui)<= *types.Error(334) 2019/08/10 20:26:24 imap: connection closed 2019/08/10 20:26:24 (ui)<= *types.Error(335):*types.OpenDirectory(333) 2019/08/10 20:26:24 write tcp <my_ip>:58834-><server_ip>:993: write: broken pipe
I've encountered this error as well. It tends to happen on a shorter timespan than days though, several hours of inactivity perhaps. I'm connected to both Gmail and Fastmail.
This error also happens after recovering after suspension (
sudo suspend, I guesshibernationis also a right word).
This error happens to me constantly - every 10 minutes or so; my email server is in Romania, and I don't think that aerc deals with latency (130ms+) very gracefully currently.