~sircmpwn/aerc2#343: 
Can't open text/html messages: "list message build: wrong section 1"

I have ProtonMail Bridge set up on Gentoo Linux, with the text/html filter enabled and dante and w3m installed. I have two accounts: A Gmail account, where I can read HTML messages, and ProtonMail, where opening HTML messages fails. A (hopefully) relevant portion of the log:

2kwFQQ OK IDLE completed^M
2020/01/26 11:05:20 Fetching message part
-jT2bg UID FETCH 17 (FLAGS UID BODY[1])^M
-jT2bg NO list message build: wrong section 1^M
2020/01/26 11:05:20 ->(ui) *types.Error:*types.FetchMessageBodyPart
e-t-DQ IDLE^M
+ idling^M
2020/01/26 11:05:20 (ui)<= *types.Error(199):*types.FetchMessageBodyPart(198) 
2020/01/26 11:05:20 list message build: wrong section 1
Status
REPORTED
Submitter
~araspik
Assigned to
No-one
Submitted
8 months ago
Updated
3 months ago
Labels
No labels applied.

~heywoodlh 5 months ago

I also had this same issue. Hopefully this isn't too late, but what I ended up doing is switching to Hydroxide (https://github.com/emersion/hydroxide) which seems to work much better with aerc. Seems a bit more stable and quicker than the official Protonmail Bridge.

Once I switched to Hydroxide, I no longer had this issue and aerc crashed on me a lot less.

For the record, I run aerc in an Arch Docker container and experienced this issue on both MacOS and Arch Linux with the Protonmail Bridge.

~rek2 4 months ago

I'm having this same issue as well... works ok with other accounts just not with protonmail-bridge imap...

~rek2 4 months ago

I'm having this same issue as well... works ok with other accounts just not with protonmail-bridge imap...

~rek2 4 months ago

I'm having this same issue as well... works ok with other accounts just not with protonmail-bridge imap...

~rek2 4 months ago

I'm having this same issue as well... works ok with other accounts just not with protonmail-bridge imap...

~rek2 4 months ago

I'm having this same issue as well... works ok with other accounts just not with protonmail-bridge imap...

~sircmpwn 4 months ago

yo, stop

~rek2 4 months ago

ops worry for the multi msg, was super slow on my phone and though it was not posting since i have java script dissabled

~rek2 4 months ago

maybe a rm option will be nice :P

~rek2 3 months ago

[update] I switched as suggested to hydroxide and works well so far. still will be nice to have this bug fix, thanks

~araspik 3 months ago

By the way, I just set up ProtonMail Bridge w/ offlineimap w/ notmuch and it's been working great. You can hook up aerc to that (either w/ or w/o notmuch) instead, see how that compares also. But whatever works works.

~sbinet 3 months ago

FYI, I am also seeing this issue w/ Alpine + proton-bridge:

~sircmpwn: could you point me to the part that does the decoding or where this error message ("list message build: wrong section 1") is coming from? git grep didn't raise anything interesting and I am still getting my bearings in aerc source tree...

thx, -s

~labrat 3 months ago

yeah, somewhat known bug for some messages. we need something like https://lists.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/aerc/%3C20200619160653.255355-1-reto%40labrat.space%3E to fix it, but this patch might have some issues still.

You could try that and give feedback.

Generally avoid pinging specific people unless you have to... there are more people that could potentially help than just Drew. Some questions may also be better suited to IRC / mailing list than the bug tracker

~distek 3 months ago

The above patch worked perfectly for me.

Register here or Log in to comment, or comment via email.