I'm a postdoctoral researcher working on complex systems and networks, notably in neuroscience.
My projects include mostly graph-related libraries in Python and C++. https://git.sr.ht/~tfardet https://codeberg.org/tfardet
You can follow me on the Fediverse: https://fediscience.org/@tfardet https://scicomm.xyz/@tfardet
Comment by ~tfardet on ~martijnbraam/numberstation
OK, I got some help and managed to install it via:meson . build ninja -C build install
If that is indeed how it's supposed to be done, should I propose a patch with these instructions and telling that
keyringis a requirement? (there are probably others, including meson, but this is the only one I noticed because numberstation crashes without it)
Ticket created by ~tfardet on ~martijnbraam/numberstation
Numberstation is not available on Mobian so I'd be interested in compiling from source. However, meson is not a super well-known build tool (at least not to me), so would it be possible to add a section with installation instructions to the README? Simply the dependencies and the compilation instructions.
Ticket created by ~tfardet on ~nicohman/signal-rs
First of, thanks a lot for this, having a native app that can do both standalone and secondary client on Linux is amazing!
I've been trying the app on the PinePhone with ManjaroARM (Plasma Mobile) and I thought I would give some feedback about it.
The first issue I noticed (because there are no push notifications for Signal at the moment) is that the notifications just pile up (on the lockscreen or as popups if unlock) when the client catches up with multiple new messages. I imagine that there is no simple cross-DE way to update existing notifications so the client probably would need to first make sure that all incoming messages have been processed before issuing notifications to avoid this?
The others issues I encountered were with groups: it seems that some groups names are not properly detected (I get an awfully long string of numbers and letters). This may be related to groups that where updated from V1 to V2, I'm not sure anymore which groups were pre-V2 and which were not. On a related note, trying to rename a group led to a duplication: the renamed group now appears twice. Finally, one of the groups (only one, and one where the name was properly handled) seems to have a wrong bounding box in the conversation lists because the conversation above overflows over it.
Overall, though the notification issue is somewhat annoying, I must say the client works amazingly well at such an early state, so congrats!