Utility functionality for the !roll command that I have seen other bots do:
- Added constant, e.g.
- Comment which is echoed in the bot's reply to explain what the dice roll is for (grants resistance against message disordering), e.g.
!roll 1d8 # I like octahedra
Personally, I'd go with the inner blockquote becoming ">"s, but I may have weird taste.
Now that Discord natively supports blockquoting with
>, it looks funny that Fletcher doesn't use it; in particular in the function where, if you link to a Discord message, Fletcher will preview it. I don't know offhand if there are other Fletcher functions that are affected.
I've noticed that Fletcher bridged messages with text and attached pictures say "1 file attached" where the originals don't. It would be nice if this didn't happen unless there's some need for it.
I remembered this issue tracker existed but couldn't quickly retrieve a link from it. I tried
!help— no command looks super relevant
!issue— wants an argument
- visiting https://fletcher.fun/ — the only page content is a "Sign in with Discord" button.
This command would default to a d6 and support conventional RPG-style dice specifications, so usage would be like:
!roll !roll d10 !roll 2d20
Extra fun features:
- Mention in the output what was rolled individually, and/or the dice shape, to confirm the resulting random number was produced by the intended process.
- Additionally use custom emoji to display d2 and d6 outcomes.
- A bit unrelated, but also have a "pick one of these outcomes (words) at random" feature?