We've spent some time developing new tooling for provisioning and configuring hosts. It's time to really use it.
This ticket is to capture the effort around provisioning a new server named
beech.arbor.chat is also acceptable).
This server should run the following services:
- a caddy webserver listening on port 80 and 443
- this server should proxy for many of the other services on the host
- the arbor relay should use the certificates generated by this caddy instance for the
- an arbor relay listening on port 7117 and sending metrics to the prometheus mentioned below
- a prometheus instance with a UI available on 9090 (behind caddy for TLS)
- a local prometheus node exporter on some localhost port
- a grafana instance with a UI available on a suitable port (behind caddy for TLS)
This task is only available to members of the Infrastructure SIG, as it requires access to our DigitalOcean account.